Monday, September 27, 2010

Node.js love (and other cool technologies)

I think node.js, redis, CouchDB are the best web technologies of this year that have matured from neat ideas to things I'm willing to put into production.

To the contributors, movers, and shakers of these awesome technologies, I salute you.

My prediction for 2011 is that node.js (with the help of redis or CouchDB) will over-throw Ruby on Rails. I could justify that statement, but I'm not going too; I just feel it in my bones. My bones tend not to lie about these things.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds interesting )

    I've just heard recently about node.js, but it seems to be a popular (taking into account a lot of noise in blogs, twitter I can see)..

    I don't think it over-throw ROR yet, but for sure popularity will raise :)

    ReplyDelete