Saturday, May 14, 2011

Adventure into Pike Place Market

OK, I am establishing my weekly routine/framework. Today, I'll post about my Saturdays. I'm on the slow carb diet, so every Saturday I eat some protein when I wake up (this wakes up the metabolism and prepares it for destruction), and then I head off to Pike Place Market for absolute destruction on some poor helpless carbs.

So, I walk from my place to westlake and mercer where I jump on a S.L.U.T (ok, SLU street car). I watch the road pass and see the space needle (pic). Getting out of the SLUS (not as fun acronym), I see a statue of some dude (pic). Walking down to the market, i see a nice sign and fumble around to take a picture with me in it (didn't see how with instagr.am to use the front camera). If you don't want to see my face, there here is a picture of just the sign.

Round one: Mac and Cheese (best ever). This mac and cheese is so good it makes all the other mac and cheese I've ever had a distant memory. This includes the mac and cheese from nicas cafe (very sorry byran...) and McCoys public house. Look at the picture again and tell me how it doesn't look amazing.

There is a cheese festival going on and I see a tent with a bakery (and this related to cheese how?). Ooh, brownie! That was tasty and sinful. Moist and fresh. That bakery services several places in town, but I've never had it that fresh before.

Round two: Since I managed to get out the door early today, I got to Piroshky-Piroshky early and had an Apple Cinnamon thing made by real Russians with really think Russian accents. Normally, the line is crazy big, so I'll come back next week to get things I've missed.

With enough carbs so far to choke a small child, I find a place to admire the view.

Moving on, need to destroy more carbs. I go look at the donuts, and I have a heartattack just thinking about them. However, today, I promised myself to try new things, so I moved on. After having a visual orgy of donut goodness.

Did you know that they have flying fish? Next time, I'll try to be quicker in dealing with my phone. See, I walk pass and see a fish fly. Then i wait and nothing happens, so I move on. I should take a chair.

Now, there is a hole here because I wander down the merchants. I also ate two chocolate covered pretzels. Unfortunately, they were consumed faster than I got get my camera out. My bad. There is some cool stuff that you can buy here. I fantasize about owning it, then move on realizing I'll have to carry in my next move. I got to the end of the street where there is a park. Pigeon!

The carbs have hit me now, and I need to sit down and stare. So, I look at the mountains. I get up and look over the side and HOLY SHIT A TRUCK. I also have the desire to own (or rent) a boat. The park (I suck as a tour guide, what is the name, oh well). A totem? Yes, a real totem. Also, there were some meditating Chinese people protesting in a non-violent way.

By accident, I discover that instragr.am has the ability to switch to the front-camera so I took a better picture of my head (oh, and the sign too).

Now, moving on, I get my wife some stuff. She loves seattle's food scene because it serves the gluten free market several orders better than kansas city. I get her two cookies.

Before I eat a cookie for myself, I drink some chocolate milk. That was the best damn chocolate milk I ever had.

Round Three: Cookie!!! NOM-NOM. That's a man size cookie. I eat one and get one to go.

Now, there are many interesting characters at pike place market. For instance, there is a metal man. Check him out. I give him a dollar and move on to buy some stuff for my wife.


The carbs take me down and I get tired, so I head on home on the S.L.U.T.

Now, dinner is going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment