Saturday, May 21, 2011

WeUseMath, so do I; I love math

I like math, and I used to own mathsex.com; I was trying to sell math a long time ago. I used math yesterday to see if I was about to blow smoke up my own ass. I like math because it's not bullshit. Fuck, my alias is mathgladiator.

Now, here is what I understand. The US has severely fucked up math education. Like, SERIOUSLY fucked it up. What does math need?

A new fucking name! I mean brand. The brand is toxic, and we should dump it. People hate math, and this is a religious zeal. I don't think it can be saved by smart people; it needs to be solved by good marketing.

Let's re-brand it as "hacking the universe of truth" or something like that. I wonder...

1 comment:

  1. People think of math as this separate thing that exists to make the lives of nerds more bearable. Re-branding it as "hacking the universe of truth" is not going to change this cultural perception.

    ReplyDelete