Friday, June 17, 2011

Part-time Saturday Entrepreneur: Introduction

So, I'm starting my wife's company. My wife is an artist, and she needs an art dealer. This is my hobby. What is your hobby?

All things aside, I want to talk about being an entrepreneur. So, I'm starting a new series. Namely, about being a part-time entrepreneur since I've got a full-time job that's funding my wife's venture.

So, what is my wife's company all about? I don't know, but it involves her turning her hobby into wealth, and my job is to sell it and turn that wealth into money. I've got six hours a week to do it.

Now, as to my writing. What should I write about today before I put on the CEO hat and get shit done for my wife's company tomorrow.

No idea. I have no idea what it means to be an art dealer! Awesome, something new to learn (I could be learning to fly, but my wife will not let me fly...)

Well, the first goal is to get the wife producing and turn on the factory.

Project 1: A children's book.

Seriously, I'm going to have her do a children's book and I'm going to write the content (because I'm an awesome writer as you well know). I'll turn off the cursing.

Once I get this as rough product, I'll buy illustrator.

I've never produced a children's book before, so what do I need to do? How do I promote it? The nice thing is that there are a lot of parents out there, so there is a market. I can sell copies at Pike Place market, but I fear that will fail. I could involve pike place market in the scenery (TODO: research the copyright of the "Public Market" sign). Now, I'm fairly sure I can get production going. However, sitting on inventory kind of sucks.

Ok, Ok, I'll hold off until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment